Now that the door electronics are functioning properly, I must return to the center console. The center console is going to be challenging, there are so many devices to fit and wire up. First, I must come up with a general design. Since the inside of the bug is tight, I must minimalize, but still fit everything I want.
After a week’s worth of wiring, I now have everything working in the doors. The door poppers, power windows and the door open switch are all working and I am happy with that. The only thing left to wire in the door is the stereo speakers. With this all working I can now move on to the stereo installation.
With the console kinda finished, for now, I am trying to get all the other electrical devices wired up. I am working on my door wiring to determine the door wire loom setup. First I must figure out the door popping mechanism, after some thinking I came up with a solution. Old fashion tech, I just used a few brass pulleys and a cable attached to a big ass solenoid.
I’m still working on the center console. Once I got both pieces to fit I removed them and cut the forward section into two pieces so I can remove the console during construction. I also filled in all the screw head holes and painted it to seal it. So now I need to get all the electrical done inside the console to be able to call it complete.
Now that the dash is temporarily finished, I must now construct some sort of center console. I guess just one piece at a time. I built a piece that fit over the center console and shifter first. I then built the front portion up to the firewall. I will have to put a break in the front portion to get it in and out.