Rebuild the VW bug vent windows #511

As I now rebuild the doors, I must get all the windows ready for installation. I first had to re-rivet new lock latches into the vent window channels. The rubber made to re-seat the small vent window glass into the channels is impossible to install without some sort of special machine to do so. I cut small pieces of the rubber strip to get the glass to be centered in the frames. I then taped off and used black silicone to fill the gaps between the channels and the glass. With this done I am now ready to install the VW bug vent windows into the newly hung doors.

Bookmark and Share

10 thoughts on “Rebuild the VW bug vent windows #511

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *